As Brookfield Gardens staff we are fortunate to be surrounded by beautiful plants. Everyday we reap the health benefits mentally and physically. We have a position vacant for an enthusiastic botanically minded individual to join our floor staff. Retail and horticultural experience preferred.
Please send CV’s to tennille[at]brookfieldgardens.com.au
Brookfield Wholesale Assistant
We currently have a full time position vacant in our wholesale section.
Please email your covering letter and CV to tennille[at]brookfieldgardens.com.au
Position: Brookfield Wholesale Assistant
Reporting to: Directors, Floor Manager, Green Stock Buyer
Position Overview: The primary role of the Brookfield Wholesale Assistant is to grow quality plant stock for the Brookfield Gardens retail sector, whilst maintain the health of green stock within the retail and wholesale areas. A superior level of horticultural knowledge is paramount for this role.
- Produce quality plant stock to the standards of Brookfield Gardens
- Work alongside Green Stock Buyer to develop a production plan for promotional sales and promotions through the retail centre and green stock for Greenglades Nursery.
- Liaise with green plant buyer regarding stock levels.
- Responsible for ordering product, including chemicals, fertilizers, plant labels, plastic pots etc.
- Processing of stock into the retail centre, and any relevant paperwork.
- Responsible for treating plant health for pests and disease within Brookfield Gardens including retail, receiving and retail and production area.
- Hold a current Chemcert Licence.
- Responsible for weed control within Brookfield Gardens.
- Maintain a spray regime and related record keeping.
- Correct and safe storage of chemicals.
- Maintain irrigation throughout the hot house and production areas.
- Responsible for the overall appearance of the production nursery.
- Opening and working within the retail centre as required.
- Actively increase knowledge of plants etc.
- Actively participate in staff meetings.
- Follow workplace health & safety policies and company standards.
- Attend courses and other training that will improve professional development.
- At all times, show respect to fellow staff, customers and suppliers of Brookfield Garden Centre.
- Always be willing to go the extra mile to exceed customer expectations.
- The ability to use or rapidly learn the POS system, Retail Express.
- The ability to use or rapidly learn TANDA, staff rostering system.
- Communicate with the team to gain commitment and a single vision of what is to be achieved.
- Formulate new ideas, find solutions and embrace change with a positive attitude.
- Be a forward thinker to meet goals and delivery results.
- Comprehensive knowledge of plants suitability and seasonality for Brisbane and surrounds.
- Comprehensive knowledge of chemicals and dry goods
- The ability to use or rapidly learn the phone system.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Relate well and communicate with people at all levels.
- Work within Company policies and procedures, maintain standards and demonstrate commitment to the team.